Linux System Administration
4 - 6 Years
Since 1997, Magna Infotech has been a leading provider of technology staff augmentation & solutions in the Indian sub-continent.
The only staffing company with industry focused verticals, Magna provides customers with a comprehensive talent management solution specific to an industry, geography or business purpose. Our 11,000+ associates are proficient in 450+ skill sets, across multi industry sectors. They are ably supported by sophisticated internal tools, an industry leading fulfillment engine and an unparalleled associate engagement and support framework.
For associates and employees, we offer an enriching experience that promotes career growth and lifelong learning.
With a customer base of 250+ companies it is our constant endeavor to be recognized as a “partner-of-choice
Roles and Responsibility
Primary Skill: Linux Admin B2, RedHat/SUSE/Ubuntu, Linux OS, SMTP, DNS, FTP, HTTP, HTTPS
Secondary Skill: Solaris & AIX, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, SSL, Version Control Systems like SVN is an advantage, ITIL Framework
- As a Linux Administrator should be part of a team providing escalated issue support to our customers, including issues on our large shared infrastructure and dedicated servers.
- This position is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of all Linux servers and applications
- Work within a corporate information technology operations organization as a Linux Administrator, responsible for maintaining, Administrate and updating Linux servers of different favors as per standards and in an effective manner
- Support projects as required to meet IT objectives while managing available time based on priorities
- Provide reports and metrics as needed to support operations requirements analysis and growth planning
- Take active role in system architecture to help development team optimize for systems constraints
- He should be capable of understanding the technical aspects of a complex system and must have strong ability to troubleshoot issues and provide resolution
- IP addressing, routing
- Ability to create and maintain excellent documentation is a must
- Knowledge of Bash or Perl shell scripting
- Demonstrating the ability to diagnose complex customer application issues and provide quick and accurate solutions within a collaborative environment
- Taking ownership of issues from identification through resolution and Providing technical support for issues
- Providing fellow system administrators and support representatives with technical support and guidance
- Installation, Configuration, Administration different Linux/Unix system (RedHat, SUSE, Ubuntu) operating system
- Space management using LVM
- User access management locally and over LDAP
- Deep knowledge of Apache configuration along with rewrite url and reverse proxy concept
- Management of DNS on Linux
- Management of NFS drives
- Write scripts as per request
- Managing SQUID proxy server
- SVN administration (access, backup, restore, creation of repository)
- MySQL database management
- Health and performance management of servers using top, iostat, vmstat, sar etc.
- Install software, apply patches, manage file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts
- Maintained security and system standards
4 to 7 years of experience in-depth exposure of managing and troubleshooting Linux Environment and mid-to-large environment of Linux servers experience including guest deployment/management. Certification: RHCE