Technical Consultant UCMDB MF
4 - 6 Years
Since 1997, Magna Infotech has been a leading provider of Technology Staff Augmentation and Solutions in the Indian sub-continent. The only staffing company with Industry-Focused Verticals, Magna provides its customers with a comprehensive Talent Management solution specific to an industry, geography or business purpose. Our 10,000+ associates are proficient in 500+ skill sets, across multiple industry sectors. They are ably supported by sophisticated internal tools, an industry-leading fulfilment engine and an unparalleled associate engagement and support framework. For associates and employees, we offer an enriching experience that promotes career growth and lifelong learning. With a customer base of 250+ companies, it’s our constant endeavour to be recognized as a “partner-of-choice".
Roles and Responsibility
Job Title: Technical Consultant – UCMDB
Experience: 4-6 yrs
Notice Period: 15-30days / Immediate
Primary Skills: UCMDB Products knowledge
Secondary Skills: Basic Networking concepts, DB Concepts and Server OS concepts
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Responsible for implementing part or all of the technical solution to the client, in accordance with an agreed technical design.
- Occasionally responsible for providing a detailed technical design for enterprise solutions.
- Understands a broad spectrum of HP technology in order to provide part or all of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements.
- Often leads & front ends small to medium technical projects as part of the or individually.
- Works with and under the direction of the Project/Technical Manager and with customer nominated representatives or independently as a consultant or as a Subject Matter expert to customer.
- Liaises with Solutions Architect as appropriate (case to case basis). Should be confident and capable of handling solution implementation / customization / configuration of the tool / solution.
- Provides technical support and input on the application of technology to a defined business segment.
- Provides advice on solution and integration opportunities to defined segments.
- Provides technical leadership on specific integration activities that are part of an engagement.
- Provides planning and design support for the development of solution architectures that will be implemented in a multiple system environment.
- Communicates across client community, and is viewed as adding value.
- Demonstrates execution of the HPE strategy.
- Contributes to knowledge tools and communities, and ensures project learnings are documented and shared.
- Role models Knowledge sharing and re-use within practice or profession.
- Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community. Uses professions to meet the relevant certification and professional standards.
- Produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, service delivery kit components or modules, etc.
- Participates in the selling process in delivery reviews and works with sales/principals on pre- sales activities.
Knowledge and Skills
Primary Skill set
- Overall Experience of 4 to 6 years in uCMDB Products.
- Experience in installation and configuration of UCMDB/UD/UCMDB Browser
- Experience in UCMDB Advanced configurations like SSL,SSO, LDAP and HA configurations
- Experience in Protocols - WMI, SSH, NTCMD, SNMP and others etc.
- Basic Discovery and advanced level discovery includes host, host resources, Database, Middle ware and Application discovery.
- Experience in Creation of Views, TQL queries and Reports
- Experience in Application Modeling and Automatic Service Modelling (ASM)
- Enrichment creation
- Impact Analysis creation exposure.
- UCMDB integration with Service Manager/Service Now, NNMi, BSM and AM
- Experience in Jython/Python scripting
- Troubleshooting skills in UCMDB Server, Probe issues and discovery issues.
- HP UCMDB Certification is preferred.
- Basic Networking concepts, DB Concepts and Server OS concepts.